What is Vital Citizens?
Vitality of citizens in Limburg deserves attention. Overweight and chronic conditions such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease and rheumatism are becoming more common. However, a healthy, active lifestyle is difficult for many people to achieve. On the other hand, the tilt in health care requires citizens to take more responsibility for their own health.
A healthy, active lifestyle ensures better individual health, lower healthcare costs and better independent functioning. Vital Citizens chooses a practical approach on two tracks.
- Helping the citizens to adopt a vital lifestyle.
- Training professionals to support the citizen in this lifestyle.
Helping citizens to make personal lifestyle choices that promote individual vitality
Objectives Vital Citizens project
- Properly highlighting tasty, healthy and nutritious food.
- The development of appealing exercise programs and the enrichment of existing programs, applicable within personalized lifestyle interventions.
- Improving the lifestyle within citizens their own living environment, for those who want to become more vital or stay vital.
- Create and support products, services and tools that promote a healthy, active lifestyle for implementation and valorization towards the citizen and the (future) professional.
- Developing and implementing new bachelor and post-HBO education programs and enriching current education with the findings and results from the Vital Citizens project.